Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I was tagged

I was tagged by Lydia. And here are 8 random things about me (and some of Brian):

1. When eating, I rotate each bite of food with each various item. And, I do it so perfectly that I rarely has a disproportionate amount of one thing on my plate at any one time. Everything disappears at the same rate. For example, if I have chicken, broccoli, and rice on my plate, it is eaten as: a bite of chicken, a bite of rice, a bite of broccoli, and so on. Whereas Brian eats one thing on his plate at a time – very focused on the one, and then on to the next. He likes to eat salad always first, and in it’s entirety, where I like to slowly eat it throughout the meal.

2. I am a get-up-when-your-alarm-clock-goes-off-for-the-first-time. I prop myself up in bed on my elbow, and it begins to hurt if I don’t get up. I don’t let my head hit the pillow again. Brian enjoys being serenaded by his alarm clock. (He usually always gets less sleep than me, so I understand it’s a bit more difficult to get up).

3. I hate to be cold, and I often am. I must have poor circulation or something. I like to think exercising helps combat that, but I don’t know. Brian on the other hand is my little heater. My common phrase is “Keep me warm. Keep me warm” (in a goofy little voice . . . I have many goofy voices).

4. I’ve moved 10 times in my life. And, I hate moving. And, we just did it. As organized as I try to be, it never really works out like I thought. There’s always more to do.

5. I use a ridiculous amount of ketchup on my hamburger and cheesesteaks. Each bite must have ample ketchup. I don’t really use ketchup on much else. Brian could pass on ketchup; he is a Frank’s hot sauce guy. If Brian’s nose is sweating (from the hotness of his food), he’s in heaven.

6. I don’t wear deodorant, and I never have. Weird, I know. I have a keen sense of smell, and I don’t have BO. I love perfume, and where it all the time. Sometimes in the summer, I’ll wear deodorant for extra measure.

7. I am a clapper. I don’t even know I clap most often. I clap when I’m done a project or finish cooking something or ready to go on to the next thing. Sometimes the clap is accompanied by a little hop of excitement. Sometimes the clap is just out of sheer clapping enjoyment – I have such a loud, crisp clap. Brian loves clapping too – thank goodness!

8. In most life situations, I am observing people and always putting myself in their shoes. Like with a movie, I feel like I’m a character and always thinking what I’d do in that situation (hence, a crier). If a friend or family member is preparing to give a speech or something, I’m often more nervous for them than they are. I think I vicariously live through other people’s decisions, mistakes, life events – almost in a way teaching me. It can get over-the-top though.

The rules:1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.2. People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they are tagged and reminding them to read your blog.

I tag: AC, Kristen, Alina, Brooke, April, Maryanne, Mary Bell, Heather

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah...8 random things. :) Let's see what I can come up with....

1) I am obsessed with moisturizing; predominately hands and face. Ask my husband - it's totally an obsession which he got wise to during the first 24 hours of our honeymoon (constant hand cream usage on the plane, after eating in restaurants, before bed, after my shower...you get it!). My favorite moisturizers for my hands are "Udderly Smooth" because it's not greasy and works well on really dry skin, Burt's Bees Hand Repair, Burt's Bees Almond Hand Cream, and Bath and Body Works Le Couvent Honey Body Balm. For the face, I love Pangea Organics facial moisturizer (mine is for oily skin), Clinique Moisture Surge Extra and Aveeno Positively Ageless Serum with Shitake Mushroom. They're all oil-free and wonderful!

2) I really like the small of gasoline when I'm at the gas station. Call my crazy (maybe I got a hold of some paint chips as a kid or something), but I love the smell.

3) I can't stand hearing people chew loudly. It literally makes me want to run into another room and completely takes away my appetite. I had a work function that was mandatory where my co-worker smacked away during the whole meal, and not only was I mentally cringing, but I didn't eat a bite of food. Boo!

4) I like cleaning...especially the kitchen. Now, let's get this straight, if the cleaning means it will take a whole Saturday, that's no fun, but tidying up, Windexing surfaces and vacuuming (to the point where you can see the nice, clean vacuum "tracks" in the carpet) kind of thrills me. Maybe it's my OCD.

5) My husband and I will say things - not just words, but usually entire sentences - at the same time. It creeped us out when we were dating, and now we just look at each other in awe and then laugh about it. Our most recent eerie yet funny "same time" sentence was, "That was weird, huh? Yeah. I know." Freaky!! :D

6) Mary, your post about Brian with his Frank's sauce reminded me of this one: I sweat when I eat spicy food. I LOVE it (not the sweating, but the spicy food), but it always makes me sweat on my face and the back of my neck. Not exactly lady-like when you're wiping off sweat so you can finish your dinner.

7) I have a weird foot phobia. I know God made all of us perfectly and to His glory, but I just think feet are weird and ugly. Don't care who's they are...they're just kinda gross. So...with Zak knowing that, he enjoys watching games on the couch with me at the other side and putting his feet on my lap just to drive me crazy. I gave him a foot rub once in the entire time I've known him, and afterward spent about 10 minutes in the bathroom washing my hands. EEEWW! (I will say, as a side note that some feet are pretty, but in general I still just find them all to be weirdy. 'Nuff said.)

8) I LOVE not having plans on weekends. Even when we do have plans, it's fun and I am very social and enjoy hanging with friends and church folk, but there's something so nice and relaxing to me about not having plans. There's just a wonderful freedom about it and I feel like I can totally relax when there's nothing to do. The same goes for being home. Zak is a "get out and adventure" kind of person, and I am a homebody and love to stay in, reading or working on art. We rotate to mix it up and to keep everyone happy, but I think I am secretly a hermit.

Brooke said...

I love your facts! A couple were new for me. I did not know about your food. I need some time to think of my 8 facts but I will do it! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

thanks for playing.... it was fun to learn more about you! Happy Thanksgiving!!! I do remember the clapping for our RA days :)

Anonymous said...

So funny!!! I will try and respond tomorrow. I was laughing so hard about the food rotation. That is totally me too!!!