Sunday, March 16, 2008

Flyers and Phantoms . . . 2 games in one week

Some of you probably aren't so familiar with these teams -- both Philadelphia ice hockey teams -- the Flyers our NHL team, and the Phantoms a division below. This week, we actually went to two ice hockey games, one of each team. That is definitely not a usual thing for us. I must say ice hockey isn't a sport that Brian and I follow much, but we both enjoy just about any sporting event.

So, last Saturday we had Flyers tickets through my company. I'm always spoiled with our company tickets . . . VIP parking and 4 free tickets. It's such a treat! We actually took my little sister Joy and her best friend Megan. We made it a fun sleepover night. Here are some pics:

Our pre-game celebration . . . at home with virgin pina coladas Megan and Joy Us
Then, on Friday this week, the Phantom's had a "Faith and Family Night", so our church had advertised it for all the youth and any families. We had a great group: about 25 of us. It was a blast. It's always a crazy time caravaning through Philly rush-hour traffic, finding parking, then finding each other inside the arena, and situating ourselves in the seats, . . . I love it . . . I was all-smiles all night. We love being with youth. It's where our heart is. After the game, Kutless did a concert on the ice. It was great. It's a blessing to see so many youth praising God in worship in a huge arena. God is good. Here are some pics:

Some of "my" girls :) Joy, Megan & Me Kutless . . . on ice

No comments: