Saturday, March 29, 2008

Jamie's Bridal Shower

I got to know Jamie back in 2003 through FOCUS (Fellowship of Christians in Universities and Schools). FOCUS is just like Young Life, except for private school students. Anyways, Jamie was a senior in high school when I started volunteering as a leader for FOCUS. My roommate Amy and I would host Bible studies, and I did some one-on-one discipleship. And, there was camp in the summer in Martha's Vineyard. Anyways, back to Jamie . . . when Jamie graduated from high school, my roommate (Krissy) and I were looking for a 3rd roommate (because Amy Claire moved out to be with her man in Colorado :). So, Jamie entered my life in a new way: we became roommates for over a year. It was grea to see Jamie grow that year between high school and college as she volunteered down in the city in a low-income area. We had great times together, and we continued to go to FOCUS together.

Well, God led us in different directions have that year: Jamie to college at Middlebury and I moved back home with my parents. And, God has blessed us both with godly men in our lives. And, Jamie gets married this May. It was so great to be at her bridal shower last weekend. It was great to see Jamie, and it was fun to catch up with other FOCUS students and leaders that I hadn't seen in ages. Fun times.

Us and some FOCUS peeps













A card I made for her

No comments: