Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ocean City, NJ

Brian and I have been SUPER busy lately, especially with Brian finishing up his 20-credit semester. And, we were in SUPER need of a little vaca together. We had a blast at a friend of our's condo in Ocean City, NJ a few weekends ago. We drove down on a Wednesday night and came home on Saturday. It was so refreshing to enjoy the beach, good food, each other, good books, and television (something we don't watch very often).

On Thursday, we went to the Chatterbox (photo to the left) for breakfast and did a little Mother's Day shopping. All the sudden, we saw the sun come out in full-force, so we practically ran back to the condo and got into our bathing suits and headed to the beach. It was honestly so hot and sunny! It was such a treat to soak in some rays, especially for my Casper-like skin. We were the ONLY people on the beach, and I mean ONLY! You ask why? Well, even though it was a beautifully hot sunny day, it was incredibly windy . . . so, windy that we got completely sand-covered. When Brian looked over at me and saw that the sand was beginning to give me a 5-o'clock shadow on my face, he figured it was time to pack up. It was so sandy that I couldn't even open my eyes or mouth -- you could call us insane and desperate for the beach :). We decided to head back to the condo, and we simply laid out on the 3-floor deck. Ahh, sand-free at last! Not really, we were still caked in sand, but we were at least not adding to it. (It took me 3 days to become truly sand-free . . . it was all in my scalp, ears, nose, . . . everywhere!).

We also enjoyed the boardwalk and some pizza at Mack & Manco's. Oh, that is the best pizza! Some other highlights of the weekend: Mallon's sticky buns, dinner at Island Grille, seeing the Iron Man, reading the Bible together, feasting on homemade guacamole with fuzzy navals, and napping whenever we wanted!


We think vacations are super-dooper!

No comments: