Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving . . . already?

Yup. We celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday with some of my fam because my dad, step-mom, and Joy will be down south with my bro and fam for Thanksgiving this year. (But, don't worry, we'll be doing Thanksgiving again this Thursday). We had fun with extended family . . . and we had the infamous 7-course dinner. Oh, it was wonderful. Most people take pictures of all the people at family gatherings (and we did some of that), but I'm the nutty person who is taking pictures of the food. What can I say, I love food and good presentation!! I did fail to take pictures of everything . . . oh, well.

Brian and I were in charge of make butternut squash soup and apple crumb pie. I knowing you're dying to see the pictures, right? Well, even if you're not, . . . they're here:

When this came out, my 7 year old step-cousin's eyes bug out . . . he's never seen a small tree coming out of his pasta


You'd never think that you have to ration out a huge salad, but my one step-cousin can pack away salad like nobody's business. She was sad she couldn't have a 4th bowl.


So, I did a bad job of taking pictures of the rest of the courses. I got lost in the scrumpious food. When I came-to again, it was already time for egg nog. Oops! Egg nog surely is wonderful stuff, especially with egg nog ice cream in it.


Well, I'm sure we'll have more (boring) food pictures for you this coming week again :). And, we'll hopefully get some family pictures. In general, food doesn't give me such a hard time about posing for a picture (or getting it's "good side"). But, we'll see what we can do.


Don't forget to check out the two posts below . . . and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: