Friday, April 10, 2009

Hello blog

It's been a while -- over a month. Life has been full, and the blog had to take a back seat.

After glancing at my picture, you may have thought I've gone crazy. Uhm, probably yes. Or, just being silly on the girls youth retreat, and someone happened to capture it. Most of February and March I was preparing for leading a girls youth retreat up in the Poconos. I was one of the 3 woman leaders, and there were about 25 girls. Guess what? I got to drive a 15 passenger van all weekend. It was honestly a blast; I never would have thought. The theme of the weekend was True Beauty. We had a session on beauty and your identity (in Christ), a session on modesty, and one on dating/sexual purity. God really answered lots of prayers that weekend. I love watching girls bond and seeing friendships grow. It's hard not to think of these girls as your own kids a lot of time. Some weekend highlights: playing 4-on-a-couch, watching the girls interact with the lessons, bonding as we shopped at the outlets, swimming in the rec center, and being goofy girls.

I wish I took more pictures, but honestly it's the last thing on my mind when there are 25 girls that need your attention. I often just handed off the camera to someone and asked for them to click away. Here are a few shots.



2 comments:

Brooke said...

That time must have meant so much to the girls. I love ya goof ball!

The Riggalls said...

It sounds like you all had a blast. Treasure these times. Welcome back by the way!