Monday, March 22, 2010

4 Generations of Hand men

Yesterday we celebrated my grandfather's birthday with lots of family. Due to some illness and distance this was the first time David met his great-grandfather.

Many years ago (1985) there was a photo taken of 4 generations of Hand men. It was the first photo ever taken of this sort in our family. My great-grandfather was born in 1899 and his dad was nearly 60 at the time, he died when my great-grandfather was about 12-13 years old. My great-grandfather passed away in the early 90's and so this was the first opportunity to capture a new 4 generation photo. I hope we have many more opportunities to do so with an expanding 4th generation (hint hint Mike and Jenna)

I have had some fun with a sociology project this semester in retracing some family history. Many amazing stories and very interesting lives. My grandfather's sister wrote down her memories form childhood about relatives, about 40 pages single spaced. What a treasure that was for me to read and now have a copy of. I would highly recommend doing something like this for future generations.

Here are the photos
(1985)


(2010)

No comments: