Monday, May 28, 2007

Spring Days



The rose bushes in our front yard are in bloom! What a treat to see each day! We regularly have roses for the dining room table.

Well, we've been enjoying the weather and the long weekend. Friday night, Brian worked and I had a chance to have a "girl's night out" with Amy Claire. We both chatted as we endulged in Buca di Beppo's chocolate cake. What a great time! It's such a blessing to share the comfort of friends and share your lives with each other.

Sunday, our college and career group from church had an opportunity to serve in a monthly ministry to local homeless/low income folks. There is a Bible for the folks, then a short devotional before the meal (because not all folks come to the Bible study), and then the meal. I love seeing these familiar faces each month. We prepared and served a BBQ dinner. Brian was the grill man -- preparing all the hamburgers and hot dogs.
Joy, her friend Cassie, and Brian

And, I coordinated the rest of the stuff in the kitchen: fruit cup, tomato pie, pasta salad, carrot salad, chips, and strawberry shortcake for dessert. It's a blessing to see how the community donates food each month too -- tons of bread, tomato pies, fruit, . . . And, it's such a fun time to all be working in the kitchen or eating with the folks. Afterwards, we had a volleyball and pool party at our college and career leaders' home. That was so incredibly relaxing.

Today, we had a relaxing morning. Then, Brian headed to work while I worked out and then visited with my grandma at the Rehab Hospital (as she recovers from her stroke) -- her recovery has been so amazing and such an answer to prayer. Our visit was so encouraging. Afterwards, I got Brian from work and headed out to grab a late lunch with Brian's bro Mike and his fiance Jenna -- both of whom we love to hang out with and live around the corner from.

And, here is a shot from a week ago -- from our Mother-Daughter Banquet at church. This year's theme was: "Someday My Prince Will Come" . . . addressing both our "earthly princes" (husbands) and "Heavenly Prince" (the coming again of our Savior). We had a great speaker and it was such a fun time. I did the opener, and Brian helped me with this fun medieval-sounding speech to welcome the ladies. It was great. We had a blast! Everyone dressed up like princesses :)
Myself, Kim (my step-mom), Joy (my sis -- gorgeous), Joy's friend Megan, and my soon-to-be sister-in-law Jenna

Well, this week brings some more church softball games . . . which we both love. I love cheering, . . . and they keep winning :). Brian hits a homerun at least every game, if not multiple times!

And, I want to share more about the book I'm reading: Peacemaking Women -- it is so excellent, . . . next time. God is really convicting and encouraging me through these women's writing. What a blessing!

Happy Memorial Day!

3 comments:

Me said...

I loved your post! Your previous pics of your house and modifications were great too! So glad you're having a great Spring so far. :)

Monica said...

Hey there. Glad I found your blog thanks to Suzanne Chapell

Anonymous said...

SO fun to find your blog (via a quick search I was doing on "Peacemaking Women")!

Thanks for your ministry--

Your sister in Christ,
Tara Barthel