Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Jenna Love

This past weekend, I threw a bridal shower for Jenna, our soon-to-be sister-in-law. She is soon to become a "Hand", leaving "Love" behind . . . I must say that Love is a cool last name . . . but, being a Hand is pretty hard to beat -- I'm not partial or anything.
Our Shower-ified Living Room

Before Guests & Presents Arrived

Anyways, I've been preparing for the shower the last few months, and it's been fun. I love organizing details and coordinating events, so this was right up my alley. (I often think I was meant to be an event-coordinator). It's also an outlet for my creative side, and I've tried to do things inexpensively; therefore, I tried to be resourceful and make as much as possible - the invitations, decorations, and part of her gift. As part of Jenna's gift, I made her some personalized stationary. Here it is:




I think Jenna enjoyed herself after she got over the shock of the surprise. Her fiance Mike assured me that she would want a surprise, . . . but, that appeared debatable. Honestly, I was just amazed everyone kept it a surprise. We enjoyed ourselves though. One thing you must know about Jenna: she is a Disney fanatic!!! "Mommy Pam" got Jenna and Mike a bridal head-piece and top hat that had Mickey Mouse ears on them. Jenna of course love the veil with ears, but Mike was definitely more reluctant to put on the hat for pictures. It was hilarious.

Look closely - Jenna is sporting the Mickey-veil

"Mommy Pam" -- a close friend and mentor to both Jenna and I -- gave a short devotional on being a wife. She's such a great speaker, and has lots of wisdom. Another friend of Jenna's led a time of prayer for both her and Mike. And, my step-mom led a "How Well Do You Know Mike and Jenna?" jeopardy-like game. It was a lot of fun. And, of course we had lots of food, cake, and present-opening.

Jenna and I have become good friends since she moved here last year. Brian and I really enjoy hanging out with Mike and her. Since we're around the corner from each other, we're at each others' house all the time. And, we get to see each other multiple nights a week at Brian and Mike's softball games and basketball at church.

Jenna, I'm excited for us to be sister-in-laws . . .

I'm looking a little tired!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mary HAND, I love the stationary. You are still so wonderfully creative... I love it. It's so nice to get little glimpses of your life. :)