Tuesday, August 14, 2007

the quilt is finished!




Within the last week or so, I was able to finish the quilt I have been working on (all summer) for Brighton Smith. It was strangely (and perfectly) timed for his 2nd birthday. I don't think I ever had intentions of it taking me two years to finish it. It was so fun to celebrate Brighton's birthday with the Smith's last Friday night. It was hilarious to watch Brighton -- enthralled with the littlest things and just happy to be with his little buddies. It was also a nice surprise to see Rachie-Racherton (Rachel Watanabe) there -- a friend from Covenant who recently moved up here to attend Westminster Seminary. It was such a fun time.

C'mon, everyone blow!

Ahh, birthday cake!

Me and Levi

AC and me

Rach and me

This past weekend

I had a chance to do some cooking -- made a fruit pizza for our church picnic. And, we made some yummy blueberry pancakes for breakfast on Saturday.












I also had a chance to spend some time with my sister, Joy on Friday night. We hunted for some fabric -- that I could use to make her a duvet for her comforter. For her polka-dot room! It will be her birthday present. Then, we got some Starbucks drinks and headed home to watch Nannie McPhee. It was a fun sister night.

Brian and I also finished all of our wedding album selections, and I very happily dropped off the pictures to our photographer. It had been hanging over my head for a while. I'm excited to get back our finished product . . . about 8 months later.

A Hair Cut

So, I took the plunge and got a few hairs snipped . . . or maybe 5 inches. The before and after: (you can't really see the difference all too well here)












Well, we are off to Mike and Jenna's wedding this weekend. We can't wait -- it will be such a blast! Brian has been perfecting his best-man speech. After the wedding, Brian and I are headed to a bed and breakfast (Donecker's) -- Sunday night into Monday. (It's our first B&B together). Here is a picture of the room we will be staying in . . . and we're getting it 50% off -- better yet!



Have a great rest of the week!

1 comment:

april said...

mar, you look great! love the new do. and the quilt looks really good!!! thanks for doing all that work. that is such a thoughtful and sweet gift, and you persevered! glad to have been a small part of it. you and rach look cute in that pic. so jealous that you're together and so glad you reconnected.