Wednesday, January 23, 2008

In the nick of time . . .

In the nick of time is right! I drove by our old house today, . . . and here it is . . . oh, wait . . . it's not there!

It just got bull-dozed today. Wow. As much as we love our new house, it's sad to see our old house go. We had our first year of marriage there, and lots of memories. I had a ton of flashbacks as I pulled into the driveway. (The picture above is from the driveway, even though it doesn't look it a bit). I remembered little things like hedging the bushes, planting the flowers, having devotions and breakfast with Brian every morning, having friends over, sitting outside, watching sunsets over our "wheat field". (The tree on the left of the picture was the big tree in our back yard).

It reminded me that a house is just a house; it's all about the people in it. They make the house a home. And, as I looked at the rubble of our old house, it made me so thankful for how God provides, and for the new house we have over our head.

Just for old-times sake, some pics of the old house . . .

The old house, when we moved into it (I couldn't find a more recent picture -- we tore out that huge bush-tree)
We miss that 2-car garage Our old front flower bed Our old living room

And for our NEW HOUSE . . . which we really do love.

1 comment:

Mid-Life Mother said...

Wow! So they really did it!

Can't wait to see the new place.

And to quote Phil, "I'm sad for you, but I'm really looking forward to that SuperWaWA!"