Sunday, February 17, 2008

Oh bread machine

"Oh bread machine, you are so wonderful (imagine me singing). . . after I finally got you to work!" Who knew that the little inside thingy needed to have 2 clicks to get pushed into place?!! Not me! Yea, that's what happens when you're given a bread macine without a manual. Yea, and that would happen when you are already worried the machine might not work, . . . and a bunch of senior high girls are planning on making homemade cinnamon buns when they come over. Oops!

I had timed the dough setting perfectly -- or so I thought, . . . until I looked in the bread machine and saw all the ingredients inside just as I had put them 1 1/2 hours ago. Oh well. Thankfully, the girls were understanding and I had a spare tube of Pillsbury Cinnabon Cinnamon Buns. Right after I had explained to the second girl who had arrived that my bread machine was clearly not working, I opened the lid and gave a hard push down on that inside thingy (can you tell I don't have the right bread machine lingo without my manual?), and wah lah . . . that was all it needed. So, this meant that we'd be having some cinnamon buns ready at 10:30 last night instead of 8pm. Oh well, better late than never I guess. Ever so conveniently, Brian teaches the 9th & 10th graders Sunday school class at church, so I sent the cinnamon buns with him. (I don't think 13 large cinnamon buns would have been a good thing sitting around our house).

All that to say, I'm SO happy the machine finally worked because I have a ton of bread flour, and I'm excited for some bread machine creations. Any good recipes out there?!!! Or, any good recipe websites?

No comments: