Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentine's Day


5:20am - I find Valentine notes around the house from my wonderful husband (on the bathroom mirror, in the shower, next to the coffee maker :)
6:10am - I make french toast, and I especially bought our favorite syrup . . . and of course have to make powdered sugar hearts on the bread . . . so corny
6:30am - We eat breakfast, and Brian opens his first Valentine's card from me, informing him that we'd be getting HDTV for our new 50" television we were given. He was happy, but we both niavely hoped Comcast would come during their 1-3pm time slot.
7am - We both leave: Brian to school, me to work
1pm - A special delivery comes into Mary's office, while the whole company is having their usual Thursday lunch together. The special delivery turned out being for me :) . . . roses -- oh, he is SO wonderful!
1pm - Brian is sure to be home, hoping the Comcast dude comes early so he can run out for some errands
2pm - Comcast dude still isn't there
3pm - Comcast dude still isn't there . . . and I'm feeling like this surprise for Bri is becoming the biggest hassle for him
4pm - Comcast dude still isn't there -- uhh! I leave work. Brian asks that I not come home until 6pm, so he has some time for scrambling together his surprise. Poor thing
4-6pm - Mary happily wanders around Costco, the grocery store, and Hallmark (all places I love).
4:45pm - Comcast comes and is done in 20 minutes.
5pm - Brian runs to the store for last minute things he needed
6:30pm - Mary arrives home to some serious wonderful aromas in the house!
6:45pm - Brian has made a masterpiece: shrimp cocktail, filet mignon with red wine reduction sauce, wasabi mashed potatoes, asparagus, fresh bread and dipping sauce . . . yum!
7:30pm - Mary opens up the awesome card Brian made. I love my Brian!
8pm - dinner clean up
8:20pm - sit down to a movie -- of course, an on-demand HD movie -- oooo!
8:45pm - we eat the special dessert Brian made: rice pudding -- my favorite!!!
9:15pm - Brian is surely asleep and I'm fighting it. He had one of the most stressful days -- that late Comcast dude -- grrr! We decided we'll finish the movie another time.
9:30/10pm - definitely both asleep . . . and happy!




2 comments:

Brooke said...

You guys are so amazing at these things. If I ever get married...my husband will never read your blog and get any ideas about french toast at 5:30 am... well unless he wants to pick up some tips from Brian!

Mid-Life Mother said...

Wow! (Can't even comprehend being up that early!) What a sweet and yummy Valentine's Day!

You two do everything gourmet style:)