Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Trust in God

This was the theme of our youth retreat this past weekend. We were up at His Thousand Hills (retreat center) in Wellsboro, PA (in northern PA, just 30 minutes below New York). It was such a great weekend. Brian was one of the speakers, highlighting Romans 8:18-39 and touching on God's complete sovereignty, infinite wisdom and perfect love. It was great to chew on later that morning during devotions. Trust is something we need to learn in every phase of life. And, it leads to glorious joy and freedom in Christ.

Well, I could talk for hours . . . there were many highlights to the weekend: bonding as we did a low-ropes course in the woods, exploring nature in the "Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania" with a tour guide, having a camp fire with s'mores, losing my voice from cheering on people on the bungee run, getting chin-splints from rollerskating so much, feeling sore from hiking so much, talking and talking, enjoying our stay in the "Plaza", watching 50-some youth praise God during worship, eating way too much food, and snapping 200 pictures . . . here are some snapshots for you . . .

The view in the morning from the cabin
Brian and his low-ropes group
Mary with her low-ropes group
On the hike . . . on a dead tree . . . when I got a mud-sogged shoe
Great guys . . .
Bri on the bungee run
Oh, did I forget to say that Brian made a bungee-run record? His prize: a massive pancake
Oh, we love these girls . . .
Nancy, Sue, and me . . . all leaders . . . I love them!
Us


There are two new posts below too :)

3 comments:

Brooke said...

You both shine in loving on youth! I love you and I have been missing you lately! I am actually sending you a present for your birthday this year. It might even be on time but I wouldn't count on it :-) Happy almost birthday!

lydia said...

Happy Birthday Mary!!!!

Mid-Life Mother said...

Awesome! Missing it all. . .sniff, sniff. . .