Monday, April 14, 2008

Creeping toward . . . 30?!!!


It's true . . . I turned 28 this weekend . . . 30 isn't that far anymore. Crazy. Bri's facebook status was, "I am 2 years younger than my wifey for the next 8 months." Oh, he sure loves to rub it in :). (I get to tease him about all his gray hair though). We know we're really still "young" though . . . and we're still spunky (or we think we are :).

My birthday celebrations were wonderful, thanks to my amazing husband (and many cards and packages from friends and family), . . . if you will, let me brag just a bit about my hubby . . .

I woke up to this in the kitchen, featuring a gift certificate for a couples massage!
Since I've organized all my craft stuff, my hubby started using it. Shh, don't tell anyone. He was very proud of this card, as was I!
Some flowers to show off the sunshine
We then enjoyed a breakfast at Dunkin Donuts, a place we both love . . . and a treat when you're on a budget. Then, we ran some fun errands together, enjoying the sunshine. We got a few things at Home Depot to assist my gardening once we got home. I did a few hours of gardening (while Brian had church softball practice), and my sun-starved skin loved it, except for a small portion of my lower back that got burnt -- oh well! Then, Brian came home and made this masterpiece . . .

California rolls (only thing not homemade), accompanied by mango mojitos -- my favorites!
Bri at work
I couldn't help but capture the sunshine -- it's therapeutic for me
And, waalaa . . . the meal: Applewood Smoked Bacon-wrapped Filets, Brussel sprouts, rice, artisian garlic bread, and salad (with homemade dressing).
The filets, upclose and personal

It was better than a restaurant, . . . but then again, Brian has worked in restaurants . . . so, I'm spoiled. Then, we had molten-lava chocolate cake for dessert with a movie. Bri, you know me SO well -- the whole day was perfect!

Well, so far 28 has been great! Thanks again everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only wish I were creeping toward 30 instead of 40!

Wow! Brian should write a book on how to make the honeymoon last:) What a great hubby!

Mid-Life Mother said...

Oh- of course I forgot:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

em said...

happy birthday belatedly, mare-mare!

looks like your hubby spoils you as much as mine does. :o) isn't it great?! i'm glad you had such a good day.