Thursday, October 1, 2009

California and back!

For over a year, I had hopes of making it to my college homecoming this October, but that wasn't going to happen for various reasons, and very importantly because I didn't feel comfortable with flying at almost 33 weeks. So, instead my mom and I flew out to CA (when I was only 28 weeks) for me to see Brooke (my college BFF) and for my mom to visit some of her friends. It was such a great trip! It was truly refreshing to catch up with Brooke and meet her (adopted) daughter Rachel, and it was enjoyable to be in such a pretty area of the country. Brooke was a delightful hostess, and was so accomodative to my more low-key needs right now with pregnancy. Brooke and I seem to pick up wherever we last left off, like our conversation never ended (even though lots happens in our lives). She is a precious friend to me, and has taught me so much. It was a joy to see her as a mom and hear how God is shaping and molding her life.

Here I am with Rachel at Basil, a great Thai restaurant in Paso Robles

Here is the cute Cone fam, minus a few

A view of the "golden hills" of CA, headed back to San Jose

Back with my mom and her friends in Saratoga, at Dio Deka for dinner -- delish!

My mom and her friend Joyce

Joyce and her husband Ted, who hosted us in Saratoga for a few days


I really wish Brian could have traveled with me, but due to school and coaching football that just wasn't feasible. I did have a wonderful time with my mom though. I must confess she spoils me. We got chair massages at the airport, she treated me to Starbucks (my fav: Vivanno Banana Chocolate Frappacino), to a facial and pedicure at Preston Wynne Spa (can we say WOW?!!!!), and she always carried my luggage. I was honestly surprised at how refreshed I was when I came back. I had made sure to get good sleep, and I was SUPER excited to see my Brian when I came back home.

Brian met us after we landed in Philly for dinner to celebrate my mom's birthday. We had a great time at Morimoto's.

1 comment:

The Riggalls said...

Sounds like a great trip! I'm glad you were able to make it out before you had the baby. I know you needed that kind of break. And you could probably use it again, eh?